Sunday, 21 October 2012

Video Profile Review

After uploading my video profile onto my blog, my task was to take feedback from my fellow classmates and evaluate the highs and lows that they pointed out after watching my video profile. I have taken their points into perspective and come to the following conclusions about my short clip.

The feedback I received was mostly positive, in particular highlighting the great choice of non-diagetic sound I chose to feature on my video clip. Jamal James commented that the choice of music was enjoyable, as well as Ben Christopher stating that the backing track "suited the type of video really well."

In terms of my editing skills, I featured a range of different techniques throughout the video. Showcasing the versatility I have already started to learn during the first half of the term. For example, I have learnt how to upload images onto a video, how to change the speed at which a clip of my choice plays, how to add text to a piece of film and how to edit the colouring of a clip.

I included a clip of myself being filmed at the beginning to give viewers a taste of my personality, and then followed with various clips from life that I had filmed to give the video a more personal and private feel. Almost as if I have opened my diary and let the viewers into my series of events over the past two months therefore helping them to understand me as a person on a better level. Jamal commented on this by stating that he liked the shots I caught.The text that I used was all in first person, to make the video a lot more intimate and friendly also.

In hindsight, I would most definitely use my time better by focusing on capturing the footage at an earlier date. By doing this, I would have given myself more time to focus on perfecting my editing skills which would increase the professionalism that the video would display to the viewer. I would include a variety of shots and would have included sequential shooting in the correct order to showcase the skills I have learnt so far on this course.

Overall, I believe the video captures who I am perfectly and I believe the viewers understood my idea for the clip completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment