Friday, 21 June 2013

Channel Ident Pitch



For my channel ident based on our college, City Of Westminster, I have decided to use Clay Animation. My reasoning behind this is because I believe that clay appeals to a large audience, and will help entice younger viewers to really engage fully with the ident they are watching as it is a fun way to get a message put across.

The ident will begin by displaying two clay characters, both made from different coloured clay. I chose to do this because I wanted to convey the message that City Of Westminster College helps to bring communities together. Whether that be race, religion or sexual preference.

Character A then notices a football (also made from clay) which has been placed in between the two clay figures. Character A will proceed to walk to the ball, and then kick it over to Character B. The pair will then begin to play and interact with each other.  The pair begin to interact further, and help each other to do tricks with the football. I chose to make the characters do this as it is a relatable and comprehendible way to portray one of the colleges three values: respect.

The two clay characters then join hands and begin to spin around. As they spin faster, this will eventually result in the pair conjoining and becoming one. The characters, now seen as one big ball of clay will then transform into the letters of the college (CWC) in an animated way.

No comments:

Post a Comment